July is National Blueberry Month and your brain should be celebrating because studies have shown that the antioxidants and flavonoids in blueberries can help improve learning and memory function! So whether you’re playing brain games or getting ready for a Walk to End Alzheimer’s, power-up and keep your brain healthy with Oprah’s Blueberry Brain Boost Smoothie!
Blueberry Brain Boost Smoothie
• 1 cup fresh-pressed apple juice
• 1 fresh ripe fresh ripe banana
• 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
• 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
• 1/4 cup raw walnuts, preferably soaked
Combine the apple juice and banana in a blender. Add the blueberries, raspberries, and walnuts. Blend until smooth.
Servings: Serves 2 (makes about 2 1/2 cups)