- Read aloud. Read a favorite book aloud and talk about parts you like.
- String beads. Crafting can be very relaxing, especially with just a few steps in the process.
- Bake cookies. From mixing ingredients and eating the dough to waiting for the delicious result, this can be a great family bonding time.
- Scrapbook. Going through old and recent photographs is a really great way to bring up conversation and use a little creativity by collaging.
- Plant seeds for indoor or outdoor plants. Planting seeds in small pots to be placed around the house, or at the doorstep is an easy activity that shows progress week after week.
- Fold laundry. This is a simple task that can be a great sense of accomplishment during the day.
- Play with a pup. Animals are a great way to bring some fun cuddles into the day. Having a friend visit with their adorable dog is a great way to share in experiences.
- Have a picnic. You don’t have to go far, just take lunch outside. Enjoy the beautiful day with a little music and split a sandwich.
- Write a letter to a friend or family member. This can be a great way to talk about memories and future plans your loved one has with friends and family members.
- Feed the ducks. Take any chance to get out of the house and see something new or familiar. A loaf of bread and an afternoon at the park is a relaxing way to spend the afternoon.
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
It’s the Simple Things: 10 Family Activities for Those Facing Alzheimer’s
There are many ways to engage and socialize with loved ones battling Alzheimer’s and dementia. Check out 10 fun and simple activities that could have a great impact on the health and happiness of your loved ones.